7 Best DVD Audio Rippers to Extract Audio from DVDs (PC/Mac)
Top 1. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
The most recommended DVD audio extractor for Windows and Mac systems can be VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. This software can powerfully detect and unlock all types of disc protections added on DVD discs, such as APS, CSS, ARccOS, CPRM, AACS, BD+, and Cinavia, allowing you to easily rip any protected DVDs to over 300+ audio/video formats successfully.
For DVD discs with different audio tracks contained, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper can smartly detect them and offers options for you to select ripping. Meanwhile, it will keep the best music quality without compressing the audio files, ensuring a lossless audio playback experience to you.
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is also developed with advanced technologies, which can accelerate the audio ripping speed to 6X faster, ensuring you to extact audio from DVDs without wasting much time. To conclude, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper can be a powerful, high-quality, and efficient DVD audio extractor you can trust and try.
- Supports ripping all types of DVD discs (both portected and unprotected ones) to 300+ audio/video formats
- Keeps high audio quality to save ripped DVD audios
- Allows you to flexibly select any detected audio tracks to rip as you want
- Offers flexible parameter settings to adjust audio quality
- Provides 6X faster speed to rip DVD audio without wasting time
- Provides an in-built editor to edit audios before ripping in needs
- Only 5 minutes of audio can be ripped under the free trial (limited to 5 DVD discs)
The easy tutorial here will show you the way on how to rip a DVD audio using VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper in just very easy steps.
Step 1. When you have installed VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, open the software and select "Load DVD Disc" to import DVD media.
Step 2. Click "Full Title List" to choose any DVD video you want to extract audios from.
Under the import DVD media, you can also select the detected audio tracks to rip as you want.
Step 3. Move to the top-right "Rip All to" menu and select MP3 or other audio formats you like. Clicking the gear icon next to the format option, you can further adjust the audio parameters freely.
Step 4. Finally, simply click "Rip All" to extract audio from DVDs immediately.
Top 2. DVD Audio Extractor
Supporting on Mac, Windows, and Linux computers (systems lower than MacOS 11.1 or Windows 10 are not supported), DVD Audio Extractor can be a lightweight DVD audio ripper you can try to extract audio from DVDs with just several easy clicks. As it only offers audio formats to output the ripped files, you can't use it to rip DVDs to computer in video formats at all.
The batch ripping feature offered by DVD Audio Extractor will speed up the process without wasting your time. It allows you to freely select any DVD titles or edit the metadata information before ripping them as audio files flexibly. The clear interface of DVD Audio Extractor makes it an easy-to-use DVD audio ripper for beginners to get started.
- Free to install and use
- Supports different systems
- Offers user-friendly UI
- Can't rip protected DVDs
- Only offers several output formats
- Only works to rip audios but can't support ripping DVDs to videos
- No editing features are provided
Top 3. HandBrake
HandBrake is also a cross-platform supported DVD audio ripper providing free service to extract audio from DVDs in simple steps. The clear interface and flexible customization settings are both highlights of the software. By importing the DVD disc to HandBrake, then you can select audio tracks to rip as you want, and flexibly adjust the parameter settings to rip audio from DVD with good quality. However, pay attention to that HandBrake only supports protection-free DVDs, so for protected discs, this DVD audio extractor is not a considerable option. Besides, it doesn't support outputing audio formats directly, and you have to transfer them to audio formats like MP3 by yourself.
- User-friendly UI and easy-to-use ripping function
- Offers full customization settings to adjust audios before ripping from DVDs
- Trim audio files to rip in any length flexibly
- All functions are completely free of cost
- Doesn’t support protected DVD ripping
- Limited audio output formats
Top 4. Format Factory
Format Factory is an all-in-one DVD audio ripper but offers services completely for free. Its audio ripping ability can help extract audio from DVDs through very easy steps. You only need to select the audio format you want to rip DVD audio to at first, then load the disc and the ripping will be completed quickly for you.
Except for the DVD audio extractor, the software also offers other helpful features such as online video downloader and screen recorder. So sometimes you can even use it to record DVD audios instead of ripping them conveniently. So for more flexible DVD audio capturing, Format Factory can be a really good choice you should not miss.
- Offers all services for free
- Provides multifunctional services such as DVD audio ripper, online video downloader, and screen recorder all in one software
- Ensures fast speed to rip audio from DVDs
- Only works on Windows computers
- The ripping is not stable and sometimes it will fail
- Bundled software will be installed while downloading it on desktop
Top 5. VLC
Many of you probably know VLC for its media playback function. But actually, there is also a powerful DVD audio ripper hidden inside the software, which can help you freely extract audio from DVDs without installing extra software at all. Although VLC only offers several popular audio formats like MP3 to select, its easy operations and cross-platform supported ability still attract many users to try. However, just like HandBrake, VLC doesn’t support extracting audio from DVDs that are with protections. If you only get some homemade DVDs wanting to save their audios, VLC can be the best DVD audio ripper you can try.
- Supports running on multiple platforms
- Completely free to use
- No bundled software is needed to install
- Protected DVDs are not supported to rip
- The ripping speed is slow, especially while ripping large DVD files
Top 6. Wonderfox DVD Ripper
For Windows users, another DVD audio extractor you can try is Wonderfox DVD Ripper. It can work with both protected and free DVD discs, allowing you to bypass the encryption methods and extract audio from DVDs in common audio formats. This DVD audio ripper is also equipped with accelerated speed, so it can work quickly to batch ripping DVDs to audio files for you within just a short time.
However, unlike VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, Wonderfox DVD Ripper can only rip all titles but now allows you to customize the ripping settings. So for users who need to rip all DVD titles at once, Wonderfox DVD Ripper can be a good DVD audio extractor to try.
- Supports many popular audio formats to rip DVDs
- Offers customization settings to extract audio from DVDs
- The user interface is easy for beginners to get stared
- Provides fast ripping speed with accelerating technologies applied
- Only provides a Windows version
- Some features are locked and you need to pay to unlock them
- Not allows to rip selected DVD titles but need to convert all of them at once
Top 7. DVDFab DVD Ripper
Last but not least, don’t miss DVDFab DVD Ripper if you want a professional DVD audio ripper to rip audio from DVD. It supports more than 1000 audio as well as video formats for freely selecting to save ripped media, letting you to play them on any device without limitations. Like VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, the software can maintain good quality while extracting audio from DVDs, making you the best playback experience to you.
However, DVDFab DVD Ripper is not a free software. By using its full function to rip DVD audio, you need to pay for its subscription, which can be a little more expensive than many other DVD audio extractors.
- Supports ripping most types of DVDs no matter if they are protected or not
- Offers 1000+ output formats to select
- Fast speed is ensured to extract audio from DVDs
- Provides an easy UI for simple ripping controls
- More functions contained in one software
- Expensive to pay for its pro version
- The software is bulky to run
Comparison Among the 7 Best DVD Audio Rippers
Encrypted DVDs support
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
DVD Audio Extractor
Wonderfox DVD Ripper
DVDFab DVD Ripper