WinX DVD Ripper Platinum VS. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper: Which is Better
If you're in search of a reliable DVD ripping tool, you've likely come across WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. They are well-known rippers who claim to offer reliable help. What makes these two options stand out among others? Which one is more user-friendly and efficient?
Check out this guide. We will provide a comprehensive review of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, delving into their features, output quality, user interfaces, pricing, and more. In fact, each of them has its own pros and cons. If you're seeking an answer to which one can better cater to your needs, just move on!
Why the Growing Demand for DVD Ripper?
As the world becomes increasingly digital, physical media formats like DVDs are becoming less popular. Because in most cases, DVD playback requires a specific reader, which can be limited and cumbersome. Many consumers now prefer digital content that can be stored, managed, and accessed easily on their computers, smartphones, and tablets.
While most commercial DVDs are encrypted due to copy protection, DVD rippers allow users to unlock the protections and convert their DVD collections into digital formats, enabling more convenient access to their favorite content.
Moreover, DVDs can degrade over time due to wear and tear, scratches, or disc rot. Ripping DVDs to digital formats provides a backup solution especially for DVDs collectors to preserve valuable content, reducing the risk of losing it due to physical damage.
Ripping Features of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
As its name suggests, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is an all-in-one desktop ripper that can be used to unlock both DVD or Blu-ray codes like APS, CSS, CPRM, and rip Blu-ray disc/BDMV folder/ISO image and DVD disc/folder/ISO image with a 1:1 ratio, ensuring lossless quality output that maintains the same quality as the original BD/DVD. More than that, you can also rip DVD to ISO while preserving all the data, and even transform Blu-ray ISO files into digital formats.
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is available on Windows 10/8/7 and Mac computers and supports 300+ mainstream video/audio output formats, such as MP4, MOV, and MKV, ensuring that the output files tailored for popular devices like Apple devices (iPhone/iPad/Apple TV), Android devices (Samsung/Sony/Huawei), various smartphones, tablets, and even PS3/PS4 game consoles.
- 6X Faster Speed: VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper has made great efforts to improve the conversion speed to 6X faster in various aspects, including multi-threading, multi-core, and GPU acceleration technology. The hardware processing tech is powered by Intel QSV, NVIDIA NVENC/CUDA, and AMD APP. (Conversion time also depends on your CPU and DVD driver speed.)
- Preserve all subtitles and audio tracks: While ripping Blu-ray or DVD content, the VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper will automatically identify all available audio tracks and subtitle options on the disc. This allows you the flexibility to choose your preferred settings before initiating the ripping process and lets you enjoy the original playback experience according to your convenience and preferences.
- Built-in Video Editor: VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper also includes a built-in video editor that enables you to edit videos, adjust the videoeffects, and even enhance the outputs such as reducing video sizes, before initiating the ripping process. This feature is commonly utilized by users to effortlessly craft their own videos from Blu-ray and DVD content.
- Intuitive and fashionable interface: The hue of the VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is dark blue and fresh green. There are two main interfaces: Ripper and Toolbox. It's very clean and clear. No annoying ads are on the interface. Users can easily know what they should do first and what to do next.
- Cost: While VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper also offers a month of free trial, it only allows for 5 minutes of ripping. To experience all the features, you'll need to pay for a subscription. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper provides various price plans for users:
- One-year subscription: $34.95 for 1 PC.
- Single Lifetime Subscription: $49.95 for 1 PC
- Family License Subscription: $69.95 for 2-5 PCs.
How to Rip a DVD/Blu-ray with VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper?
Step 1. Download and install VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper on your computer. Then insert the DVD or Blu-ray disc into your computer. On the software screen, click "Load DVD" for DVDs or "Load Blu-ray" for Blu-rays to import the media.
Step 2. After adding the DVD or Blu-ray, click "Full Title/Movie List" to choose the videos you want to rip. If you skip this step, the software will rip only the main movie.
Step 3. Select the audio tracks and subtitles you want to include in the ripped videos.
Step 4. Choose the output format by clicking on "Rip All to" in the top-right menu.
Step 5. If needed, click the "Edit Profile" icon next to the format option to adjust other settings for output quality. This allows you to customize the ripping conditions according to your preferences.
If you prefer to convert DVDs with no loss in quality, simply choose "MPG Lossless" as the output format. For Blu-rays, select "MKV Lossless". Furthermore, when you opt for a lossless format, you have the option to include multiple subtitles and audio tracks in the video and export them accordingly.
Step 6. Once all settings are configured, start the DVD or Blu-ray ripping process by clicking the "Rip All" button. The software will convert the DVD or Blu-ray into your chosen format in just a few minutes.
Ripping Features of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Impressive ripping speed: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the only DVD Ripper with Level-3 hardware acceleration. The exclusive Hardware Processing Tech powered by Intel® QSV and NVIDIA® NVENC/CUDA speeds up DVD ripping by at least 50% while keeping maximum video quality, preferable output file size, and lowest CPU usage. But you need to notice that sometimes it takes a long time to load the DVD discs.
- Basic video editing features: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is equipped with a powerful editor, allowing you to trim, crop, merge, and add subtitles to your ripped videos. While not as advanced as dedicated video editing software, these tools can be handy for quick adjustments.
- User-friendly interface: The interface of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is made up of grey, white, and blue. The intuitive and clean UI simplifies the ripping process, allowing users of all skill levels to easily access it. Yet, its design is not so fashionable and it may lack some advanced features sought by experienced users.
- Cost: While WinX DVD Ripper Platinum offers a free trial version, it sets limitations in using. For example, you are not available to rip a complete DVD disc. The full-featured WinX DVD Ripper Platinum version requires a paid license. The pricing options provided by WinX DVD Ripper are as follows:
- One-year subscription: $34.95
- Lifetime license: $59.95
If you want to know more details about WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, you can check this post: WinX DVD Ripper Review: Is It the Best Ripper to Rip DVD?
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum vs VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
After reading the introduction of the two ripping tools, you may still be confused about which one is better as there is too much information. In general, both WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper are good at ripping DVDs in desired formats. And they share similar ripping speeds. Their core difference lies in that VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper supports both Blu-ray/DVD, while WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is only compatible with ripping DVDs.
To give you a clearer picture of the differences between WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, we've put together a table. Let's check out everything about WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper:
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
Supported Ripping Types
DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO image file
DVD/Blu-ray discs, VIDEO TS folders, ISO files
6X faster speed
Powered by Intel® QSV and NVIDIA® NVENC/CUDA
Powered by Intel QSV, NVIDIA NVENC/CUDA and AMD APP
Output Video/Audio Quality
300+ (MP4,AVI, MOV, MP3, etc.)
300+ (MP4, MKV, MOV, MP3, AAC, etc.)
Intuitive & fashion
Ease of Use
You can view the video to know their differences directly.
Both WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper offer compelling solutions for DVD ripping. If you are a disc collector, it's more suitable for you to choose a ripper that can be used to tip both Blu-ray discs and DVD discs to digital.
During our review of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper and WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, the former showed better performances as it carried out a higher ripping success rate and better quality. What's more, better than the bulky software size of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum which sometimes causes crashes and drags down the computer performance greatly, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is designed in a lightweight size.
Your ultimate decision still depends on your specific needs and budget. If you value simplicity, quality, and affordability, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper emerges as the recommended choice.