Step By Step: How to Copy DVD to USB Easily
For people who want to play DVD on the mobile device, tablet, or the TV that without a hardware DVD player, you can rip DVD to regular video format such as MP4, and then copy the ripped DVD file to USB. And if you want to copy DVD to USB for transferring the file to another laptop that is lack of DVD drive, you can also copy DVD to ISO or DVD folder, which can fully maintain the original information of the DVD disc.
To do that, you do need some good assistants first. Here is the ultimate guide on how to copy DVD to USB easily. So please read this article patiently.
Ripping or copying protected DVDs for commercial use or mistakenly distributing them to others are strictly forbidden.
Rip DVD and Copy the Ripped DVD File to USB Flash Drive
A good utility is half done. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is no doubt the best professional utility to help you copy DVD to USB with ease. Even DVD under DRM protection can be ripped and copied easily with this program. By the way, for most of you would care, the quality of the DVD file is guaranteed.
It provides excellent works for Blu-ray, DVD discs without region code restrictions. With 300+ video/audio output format support like MP4, MKV, MP3, AAC, etc., it will never disappoint you with the compatibility of your media players.
More importantly, it supports preserving all the original audio/subtitle tracks and even add external new ones so that you won’t lose subtitle files when you copy DVD to USB or hard drive. You are also allowed to edit your DVD files before ripping to USB, such as clip, crop, rotate and so forth. There are other wonderful functions waiting for you to discover.
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper:
- Available to rip Blu-ray/DVD discs of all types;
- Boost the ripping process to be 6X faster;
- 300+ mainstream video/audio output formats;
- Output videos/audios without quality loss;
- Preserve all subtitles and audio tracks;
Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (SP2 or later); Mac OS X 10.7 or above
Enough talking, let's see how to copy DVD to USB flash drive below.
- A Mac/Windows computer with an internal DVD drive or an external DVD drive.
- A USB flash drive. It's best to be 16GB so that even the file of a DVD R DL Disc can be placed into it completely.
- [Optional] an On-The-Go cable to connect USB to your tablet/smartphone, if want to play DVD your phone and tablet.
The Windows version of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper released a new version which has big changes compared with the old version. But the new version for Mac is still under development. That means the interface and the operation of Windows and Mac will be different.
To know the details about the new version, you can read on the article: A New Version for BD-DVD Ripper (Windows) Released! See What Changes
Step 1. Load DVD Disc in the Program
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Search down the main face, and you can see "Rip All to" at the top right corner. Click the drop-down icon and select an output format according to you need.
Step 3. Select a Destination USB Folder
(Optional) Customize Output Quality
To put more movies to USB, you might worry about the file size of ripped DVDs. Fortunately, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper equips with a powerful toolbox where you can compress your videos to an ideal size. You’re also recommended to adjust the output quality of DVDs before you start copying DVD to USB. Just by clicking on the gear icon, then customize the resolution, bitrate or else.
Step 4. Ripping and Converting DVD to USB
That’s it! The whole process is super easy and requires no professional skills. All you need to do is ensure that you have a stable network connection, because it’s a must for ripping a protected DVD. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper also provides responsive support team in case of any technical problems that you may have, which is a plus for this program.
New Version Notice:
VideoByte has just released VideoByte DVD Ripper to be the alternative to VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. It’s a dedicated DVD to digital ripping program that supports input of DVD or related files, and keeps all DVD ripping features of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. If you just need a tool to rip DVD without ripping Blu-ray features, this lightweight DVD ripper is a reliable choice.
Tips: The only difference between VideoByte DVD Ripper and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is the former does not support the Blu-rays.
How to 1:1 Copy DVD Disc to USB Flash Drive with Ease
Except for ripping DVD to regular video format, you can also copy DVD to ISO/folder for keeping the DVD file structure. VideoByte DVD Copy can help you copy DVD to DVD ISO image file or to DVD folder. You don't have to make 1:1 DVD disc clone, you can choose which DVD title you want to copy. The program provides "Main Movie", "Customize" and "Full Copy" modes. See the highlighted features of this program in below.
- Copy DVD with 1:1 original quality: VideoByte DVD Copy can decrypt, copy and burn DVD disc so that you can backup DVD movies to USB flash drive easily.
- Remove DVD protection easily: For protected DVDs and commercial DVDs, VideoByte DVD Copy can remove the CSS protection and region codes that are applied to the DVD disc.
- Choose your preferred subtitle and audio track: VideoByte DVD Copy allows you to check out the disc label and attain the detailed information about each disc, such as all titles chapters, audio tracks and subtitles.
- Copy DVD with different modes: To make all the copy process easier for every new user, VideoByte DVD Copy provides different copy modes: Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom. If you want to copy the whole movie, Full Movie mode can satisfy your need. Main Movie can perform movie-only backup and Custom allows you to choose desired parts of the DVD to copy.
- Speed performance: the copy speed of VideoByte DVD Copy can be set to "×2.0 - Recommended" or "Max so less time will be spent on the copy task compared with other similar software programs.
Step 1. Load DVD Disc to the Program
Insert a DVD disc to the DVD drive, then launch VideoByte DVD Copy. On the main interface, click on "File"-"Select Source" to load the source DVD disc.
Step 2. Select the Target as ISO or Folder
Step 3. Select a DVD Copy Mode
Step 4. Start to Copy DVD Disc
Click on "Next" and then click on "Start" to copy the DVD disc to ISO/folder. After done, you can put movies on your USB memory stick.
In short, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper and VideoByte DVD Copy is the high-ranked DVD to USB converter. There will be no trouble to master these programs all by your own for their compact interface. And with your DVD files in your USB, you are free to play them at any time at any place without any restriction. You can also see the comparison between these two best DVD to USB tools for better copying DVD. Hope you find a suitable one!
VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
VideoByte DVD Copy
How it works
Audio: FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, MP3, etc.
DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO image file
Support DVD/Blu-ray Disc
Handle Copy Protection
Ripping homemade/protected DVDs or Blu-ray to digital formats like MP4, MKV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, etc.
Copying homemade/protected DVDs to a new blank disc or ISO image