2023 Best Blu-ray Decrypter Software [Free and Paid]
Blu-ray brings us a truly ultimate visual-audio experience and becomes the pinnacle of home entertainment media at present. However, most Blu-ray discs on the market are encrypted by protections, and that's why many users would want a Blu-ray decrypter to rip Blu-ray to MP4 and other digital formats, so that the Blu-ray movies playback can be more convenient.
Therefore, in this article, we have brought the 8 best Blu-ray decrypters to help you unlock Blu-ray protections in very easy operations. There are both free and paid options provided, just select the one based on your needs!
Compared with other Blu-ray decrypters, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper should be your first priority. This industry-leading Blu-ray decrypter comes with powerful unlocking feature to unlock Blu-ray protections and also brings many marvelous features, which enables you to get extracted blu-ray movies with ultra-fast conversion and 100% success rate. Try it now and you can enjoy blockbusters at whim!
Top 1. VideoByte Blu-ray Ripper - The Most Professional Blu-ray Decrypter
The best decryption software for Blu-ray discs you should not miss is VideoByte BD-DVD ripper, with powerful ability to unlock all kinds of Blu-ray protections, and rip Blu-ray discs to more than 300 digital formats, including MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, and so on based on your needs. It will also keep lossless quality to ensure a 1:1 ratio to save ripped Blu-ray videos with original audio tracks as well as subtitles. If you also consider having the best experience after ripping Blu-ray offline, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper should be an excellent Blu-ray decrypter you can try.
- Work as an edge-cutting Blu-ray encryption remover for all kinds of protections like APS, CSS, ARccOS, CPRM, AACS, BD+, and Cinavia.
- Preserve lossless video quality for the best playback experience.
- Boost the conversion process up to 6X faster than other tools.
- User-friendly and easy to use with no prior knowledge of expertise.
- Support batch decryption for DVD and Blu-ray discs at once.
- Keep selected or all the subtitles and audio tracks as you wish.
- Provide a powerful in-built editor to cut, crop, rotate, merge, adjust effects, add filters, and add watermarks.
How to Decrypt Your Blu-ray Disc with VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper
With an intuitive interface, the operation steps to decrypt Blu-ray discs are incredibly simple. The following four simple steps would show you how to use this best Blu-ray ripper.
Step 1. Download, install and run the Blu-ray decrypter. Insert your Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray external drive which is connected to the computer and click "Load Disc > Load Blu-ray" to import.
Step 2. When the Blu-ray media is imported, you can click "Full Movie List" and select the videos you want to rip to digital format.
Here, VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper also provides all detected audio tracks and subtitles to rip with Blu-ray videos as you need.
Step 3. Click the drop-down box of "Rip All to", and choose a category to select an output format as you like.
Click the "Browse" button and choose an output path to save your converted Blu-ray video.
Step 4. Finally, click the "Rip All" button to start the Blu-ray decryption process. VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper will finish the ripping for you within just minutes at 6X faster speed.
New Version Notice:
VideoByte has just released VideoByte DVD Ripper to be the alternative to VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. It’s a dedicated DVD to digital ripping program that supports input of DVD or related files, and keeps all DVD ripping features of VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper. If you just need a tool to rip DVD without ripping Blu-ray features, this lightweight DVD ripper is a reliable choice.
Tips: The only difference between VideoByte DVD Ripper and VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper is the former does not support the Blu-rays.
Top 2. VideoByte Blu-ray Copy – 1:1 Clone Blu-ray Disc
VideoByte Blu-ray Copy is another Blu-ray decorder with powerful ability to help easily remove the Blu-ray copy protection and 1: 1 copy Blu-ray movie disc to a blank Blu-ray disc or ISO image. That really matters when you need to back up a valuable Blu-ray disc for preventing from physical damage.
And this program is compatible with all Windows models including Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista/XP (SP2 or later). What’s more, it provides 4 different copy modes which will help every new user to accomplish Blu-ray copy task easily and efficiently.
- It supports all types of Blu-ray disc including input and output.
- It guarantees the best quality when copying Blu-ray disc or burning ISO file/folder to disc.
- Fast speed will not be compromised regardless of BD-25 or BD-50.
- It provides four useful copy mode to remove Blu-ray copy protection efficiently and easily.
Top 3. MakeMKV
MakeMKV is the most popular and simplest Blu-ray decrypter free for using. Supporting on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux systems, it brings convenience for more users to decrypt Blu-ray and enjoy a free playback in lossless quality. MakeMKV offers very simple function, making it a user-friendly Blu-ray decrypter to help decrypt Blu-ray to MKV format without any quality compression at 1080p HD. Even for beginners, you can quickly complete the Blu-ray decrypting using MakeMKV just by easy steps.
- It works on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Supports the lossless MKV format to ensure the best original output quality.
- You can choose which titles, subtitles, and audio to save.
- This Blu-ray decrypter provides free trial during Beta test period.
Top 4. MovieRescuer
However, it only supports ripping discs to VOB or M2TS formats, so you need to convert the files to popular formats like MP4 and MKV by yourself. Also, it's a newly released program and can be unstable when decrypting protected Blu-ray discs. Actually, it fails sometimes when using it to decrypt Blu-ray discs.
- It supports to decrypt DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- It allows you to back up your contents in M2TS or VOB formats.
- It's free and easy to use without hassle.
Top 5. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is an open-source multifunctional program. Although it is well-known as a media player on Windows, Mac, and Linux, surprisingly, VLC also works as a Blu-ray decrypter to help you convert homemade Blu-ray discs to common formats free of charge. However, it is a pity that this free Blu-ray decoder cannot directly rip copy-protected Blu-ray discs.
The software itself doesn't include Blu-ray encryption remover, so it has to work with two additional files, like keys database and AACS dynamic library. After changing the configuration, VLC Media Player will be able to decrypt, play, or rip Blu-ray discs. However, the whole procedure can be a bit cumbersome for new starters. You may want to head to this post to learn how to rip encrypted Blu-ray discs with VLC.
- It's open-source and free to use.
- It's multifunctional software to play, record, or rip videos.
- It works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It supports ripping discs to MP4, WMV, WebM with up to HD quality.
Top 6. AnyDVD HD
- It supports removingthe copy-protections of both DVD and Blu-ray disc.
- It can remove region code restrictions on discs.
- It comes with a default Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader.
- It has outdated interface but is equipped equips with necessary functions.
Top 7. DeUHD
- It works to decrypt all UHD discs.
- It can remove almostall types of encryption technology.
- It rips discs to a hard drive or ISO image with 1:1 quality.
Top 8. Winx Blu-ray Decrypter
- Supports ripping protected Blu-rays in AACS MKB v25 and BD+ copy protection
- Converted Blu-ray videos can be played on more popular media players such as VLC, KMPlayer, DAPlayer, and so on
- User-friendly UI is provided to decrypt Blu-rays easily
FAQs on Blu-ray Decrypter
Does DVD Decrypter Work on Blu-ray?
It depends on whether the Blu-ray decrypter has added support to rip both DVD and Blu-rays. Most commercial Blu-ray discs and DVD are encrypted with copy protection to prevent being copied in an unauthorized manner. However, the copy protection technologies they apply are different.
That’s the reason why DVD decrypter could not work on Blu-ray normally. You have to find a powerful decrypter that both supports DVD and Blu-ray decryption, such as VideoByte BD-DVD Ripper, which is able to remove copy protection on both DVD and Blu-ray, and keeps updating their technologies.
Is It Legal to Decrypt Blu-ray?
It would be illegal to rip commercial and copyrighted Blu-ray discs without getting permission from the authors or companies. However, it varies from countries to countries. Generally, you can only use these blu-ray decrypters to rip your purchased or own Blu-ray discs for personal use. Or you should check the local copyright laws before decrypting works.
Now that we've done introducing the top 8 best Blu-ray decrypter in this post, which one do you prefer? There is Blu-ray decrypter free software to consider, but it often comes with limitations like inability to decrypt all protections, no support for Mac computers, less available output formats, and so on.
To sum up, if you're looking for an ideal Blu-ray decryption software, VideoByte BD-DVD ripper stands out from the choices above. It's well compatible with Windows and Mac and enables you to remove all types of protection technology. Moreover, it can rip your Blu-ray movies to ISO images or 300+ formats with lossless video quality. Now, you can enjoy flexible playback of Blu-ray movies with it from now on.