6 Best DVD Burning Software for Windows & Mac 
Even though people are more likely to stream or create streaming media today, there are still some situations when they desire to create DVDs to preserve content by themselves. So how can we process DVD creation when we are not actually computer experts?
To convert streaming media to a DVF disc, you only require the help of a reliable DVD burning software, which is able to help everyone create a DVD without going through complicated steps. For such demand, we have tested and sorted out the following 6 best DVD burning software of 2022 for both Windows and Mac users. Now, compare them and take the best one to help you burn DVD at home in a hassle-free way!
Price: From US$19.95 (free trial available)
VideoByte DVD Creator is designed with a simple interface, which makes the software an intuitive one to help users process the DVD burning without hassle. It has numerous features that could enable DVD creation to be convenient but creative . For example, the DVD menu creation, customizable subtitles and audio tracks, video enhancement, etc. all enable users to burn a personalized DVD based on their requirements freely.
With great compatibility, VideoByte DVD Creator is able to support importing videos or audios of a wide range of formats, such as AVI, MPEG, 3GP, MP4, VOB, FLV, and so on. If you get a 3D video desiring to burn to the DVD disc for preservation, don't worry because VideoByte DVD Creator is also available to process for you. Currently, the most popular DVD types like DVD-5, DVD-9, BD-25 and BD-50 are all created via VideoByte DVD Creator on Windows or Mac just within very simple clicks.
Pros and Cons of VideoByte DVD Creator
- Advanced video editing features available;
- Preset beautiful menu templates for applying in one click;
- Chapters, subtitles, audio tracks are available to be highly customized;
- Compatible with all mainstream formats and popular DVD types;
- Instant saving feature to prevent sudden errors causing the DVD creation lost;
- Watermark adding feature available to protect the DVD copyright.
- The full features can only be unlocked when you register for its premium version.
Brief Guide to Burn DVD via VideoByte DVD Creator
This brief guide will show you how to burn a DVD via VideoByte DVD Creator is a hassle-free way.
STEP 1. Insert the blank DVD to your computer. After that, launch VideoByte DVD Creator and select the disc type from the main interface that you desire to create. It supports creating both DVD and Blu-ray discs powerfully. Then, you would be guided to add the media files by hitting the "Add Media Files" icon.
STEP 2. When the videos are imported, you are available to use the built-in video editor to adjust the video effects in your requirements. For example, you are able to increase or decrease the brightness, saturation, contrast or hue settings of the videos. In addition, trimming, cropping, or adding watermark to the videos are all available to process.
STEP 3. Now, hit the "Audio Track" or "ABC Subtitle" icon, then you are allowed to import the audios or subtitles to the videos and adjust them freely as you desire. Click "Apply" and the changes will be saved.
STEP 4. Then by hitting the "Menu" section and you are available to select a theme for the DVD as VideoByte DVD Creator has provided various popular selections for you. This can help your DVD content to be unique and vivid.
STEP 5. When the editing is over, finally, go to "Preferences" select the output format as well as folder to preserve the videos. Once completed, you will get them all burned on to the DVD directly.
Price: Free (Premium version starts from US$49)
More than DVDs, Ashampoo Burning Studio Free is also compatible with CD burning, so users who have both DVD and CD burning demands should absolutely select this software. Ashampoo Burning Studio Free guarantees the security and will safely help users to save the media content to CD or DVD without hassle. Within the software, it also provides some one-click basic editing features for those who desire to customize the content for processing the burning. However, you will still need to pay for the Blu-ray burning feature if you desire to use it.
Pros and Cons of Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
- Unique features such as slideshow creation and audiobook sorting available;
- Compatible with both DVD and CD burning at the same time;
- Password protection feature is available to encrypt the disc when you need.
- Only compatible with Windows system;
- Compression tech has applied, thus the original media content can't be guaranteed.
As a freeware for burning DVD without cost, users are available to create DVDs via DVDStyler freely but with style-rich menu templates. It provides numerous of templates to enable users create personalized DVDs in the way they want. With the simple editing functions, DVDStyler also allows users to add vector graphics, text, buttons, images, etc. for creating the unique DVD in personal requirements.
Although the interface design of DVDStyler would be a little outdated compared to other modern DVD burning software, it is still developed with the easy-to-grasp functionality, enabling users to create DVDs on their own easily at home. All in all, DVDStyler is still an ideal option to burn DVD within simple steps.
Pros and Cons of DVDStyler
- Freeware without requiring to pay for a penny;
- Various menu templates available to customize DVD with ease;
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Unavailable to burn Blu-ray or CD discs;
- Outdated interface designed.
Price: From US$39.95 (free trial available)
As an all-features DVD burning software, Wondershare DVD Creator delivers the most professional functionality to help users create DVDs on Windows and Mac with the least process with great efficiency. The software is highly compatible with all mainstream media formats, meanwhile, supports creating DVDs of popular types on the market. Users are only required to process several simple clicks to complete the DVD burning operation and get the media content saved on the discs without hassle.
In addition to the basic DVD burning feature, Wondershare DVD Creator provides built-in video editing tools to customize the videos before getting them burned and preserved to the disc. Also, the software supports creating CDs or making photo slideshows with music without going through complicated processes. From all aspects, Wondershare DVD Creator is an excellent software for burning DVDs on Windows and Mac, even for some green hands.
Pros and Cons of Wondershare DVD Creator
- Compatible with 150+ media formats and all disc types;
- Easy-to-grasp video editing functions available to enhance the videos before burning;
- Feasible CD burner available;
- Built-in DVD menu creator and slideshow maker supported.
- Subscription required to unlock full features of the software;
- The bulky software would take up high CPU and drag down the computer performance while processing the DVD burning.
Price: From US$69.99 (free trial available)
Power2Go is a beginner-friendly DVD burning software, enabling users to create DVDs on Windows computers with ease. Except for DVDs, the software is compatible with CD and Blu-ray burning as well. With the ability to support a wide range of media formats, users are able to convert media files of many popular formats to DVDs, CDs, and Blu-rays with very easy operation.
Another highlight of Power2Go should be its high value on the security of user data. By employing the advanced 256-bit encryption method, the software is able to protect the data privacy of your Windows computers and prevent the danger of damaging the data or disclosing your privacy.
Pros and Cons of Power2Go
- 256-bit encryption available to protect data security;
- Intelligent Smart Detect feature support to make optimal output settings for files;
- Free menu templates are provided to create personalized DVDs with ease.
- Only available for Windows systems;
- The premium version is more expensive.
Price: From US$24.99 (free trial available)
DVDFab DVD Creator is a nice option if you consider creating homemade DVDs with a simple process in HD quality. The software enables users to easily customize the DVD menus based on personal requirements, enabling them to adjust the theme for the content without wasting much time.
The great compatibility of DVDFab DVD Creator makes it possible for users to burn videos of more than 200+ formats to DVDs of DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL types. It could cover most needs so that users are able to process the DVD burning at home without hassle.
Pros and Cons of DVDFab DVD Creator
- Great compatibility of 200+ mainstream formats;
- A variety of DVD disc types supported;
- HD quality preserved to burn videos on to DVDs;
- Free templates available to customize the theme of the DVD content with ease;
- GPU acceleration tech employed to guarantee fast speed in burning DVDs.
- Unavailable to burn CDs or Blu-rays;
- The software is too bulky as too many functions are integrated to it.
Comparison Between 6 Best DVD Burning Software
The chart below gives a comprehensive comparison among these 6 DVD burning software to help you better sort out the one you'll need:
Supported input formats
Supported disc types
Best burning speed
Video enhancement tools
Audio, subtitles editing
VI, MPEG, 3GP, MP4, VOB, FLV, M2TS, MTS, etc.
DVD-5, DVD-9, BD-25 and BD-50
Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
MP3, WMA, WAV and popular video formats
CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc
AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV and other file formats
Wondershare DVD Creator
Videos in 150 formats
DVD-9 and DVD-5; DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, DVD-RAM; BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25, BD-50, BD-100
HEVC (H.265) video, HEIC/HEIFC image, MP3, WAV & OGG audio and lossless APE, FLAC formats
DVDFab DVD Creator
DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD±R/RW, and DVD±R DL
AVI, MP4, MKV, M2TS, FLV, MOV, VOB, Xvid, TS, and other 200+ formats
When we are selecting a reliable DVD burning software, we should consider its compatibility as you would desire to create DVDs of more types, and import videos of different formats; Also, other elements such as the output quality, easy-to-grasp interface, stable and speedy in-app performance, etc. should also be considered. Now, based on these and compare to select the top pick for creating DVDs!