Ranked: 11 Best Blu-ray Creator/Burner for Windows & Mac
Blu-ray disc is a physical way to store high-quality videos with larger storage. Whether you want to burn Blu-ray movies, create a memorable Blu-ray disc, or make a heartfelt gift, a qualified Blu-ray creator will be a great helper to make it a piece of cake.
Here we collect and rank the 11 best Blu-ray creator software of 2023 that you cannot miss. Why not check on the list below and get your best pick here? Now, let's kick in.
Best Recommended Blu-ray Creator Software: VideoByte
Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, macOS X 10.5 or above
1 Month Subscription: $24.95
Lifetime License: $39.95
VideoByte DVD Creator is selling like hotcakes with its intuitive interface and powerful burning features. This top-rated Blu-ray creator software enables you to burn videos to Blu-ray folders, ISO files, and Blu-ray discs with lossless quality. Meanwhile, it functions as a Blu-ray menu creator that lets you customize a dedicated menu for easy navigation.
As a user-friendly program, it's easy and foolproof to create your own Blu-ray discs. The whole procedure can be simplified as "insert a blank Blu-ray disc" > "Load videos in the program" > "Make a menu" > "Burn videos to the Blu-ray disc". Before burning a Blu-ray disc, you can also preview and confirm the content in advance.
Main Features of VideoByte DVD Creator
- High-quality Video Burning - Support lossless burning of local videos of 720p, 1080p, and 4K.
- All Video Support- Burn video downloaded from any source in MP4, 3GP, AVI, MOV, MKV, etc.
- Dedicated Templates - Offer a range of menus for vocation, weddings, travel, and more topics.
- Chapter Creator - Merge or split chapters and set thumbnails for each chapter.
- In-built Video Editor- Rotate, clip, crop, adjust the videos or add effects/watermarks.
- Fast Burning Rate- Ensure a rapid and stable burning process with its tip-top technology.
Other Top 10 Best Blu Ray Creator Reviews 2023
In addition, there are 10 more Blu-ray creators for your reference, freeware or paid software included. Now, let's dive into the reviews below and grasp more ideas to burn Blu-ray discs.
1. BurnAware Free
BurnAware Free: Free
BurnAware Premium: $29.95
BurnAware Professional: $39.95
BurnAware Free manages to perfect the balance between ease of use and range of features, and yet it is available as completely free Blu-ray burning software. Rather than being filled with options and features which are rarely used, BurnAware focuses on the disc-burning tasks which most users need most frequently.
However, the free editions may come with limited functions. Another downside is that it's merely a Blu-ray creator software without a video editor or Blu-ray menu creator.
- All media types (CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc) including Double Layer
- All current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA) including AHCI
- UDF/ISO9660/Joliet file systems (any combination)
- On-the-fly writing (no staging to hard drive first)
- Verification of written files
- Multi-session DVD-RW/DVD+RW
- Unicode CD-Text (tracks and disc)
StarBurn is a powerful tool that allows you to grab, burn, and master CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD. The program supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW, and DVD-RAM) and a wide variety of burning hardware.
Please note that it will compress your videos when burning them to a Blu-ray disc. Thus, don't expect the same resolution afterward as you play the videos on the computer. Since the last update of StarBurn was in April 2017, any bugs that occur during the use of the software may not be resolved.
- Can burn data CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD (i.e. the type of CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD which you put files on)
- Can burn an audio CD (i.e. the type of CD which can be played in any CD player, including your car)
- Can burn video DVD (i.e. the type of DVD that can be played in any DVD player)
- Can burn VCD and SVCD (i.e. video CDs; these types of CDs can only be played on devices that specifically support VCD/SVCD)
- Is able to burn ISO to CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD
- Can create an ISO copy of existing CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD
- Supports all types of CD/DVD/Blu-ray/HD-DVD discs: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, double layer DVD+R, and dual layer DVD-R
3. DVDFab Blu-ray Creator
Window 11/10/8.1/8/7, macOS 10.10 and above
1-year License: $46.99
Lifetime License: $59.99
DVDFab All-in-One (Lifetime): $265.99
DVDFab Blu-ray Creator is a powerful Blu-ray burning software that lets you burn high-definition or standard-definition video onto Blu-ray discs quickly and easily. With full-fledged compatibility for both input (video files) and output (Blu-ray discs), this application offers an all-inclusive solution. The main drawback is that it's a bit expensive to get started. Moreover, it integrates too many functions into one program making it too bulky and unfriendly.
- Can convert/burn videos in all major formats, including MP4, MKV, AVI, TS, M2TS, WMV, MOV, WMA, FLV, 3GP, VOB, M4V
- Supports a variety of Blu-ray output formats, including BD-RE, BD-R, BD-50, BD-5, BD-9, and BD-25
- Can burn video on any type of Blu-ray or AVCHD discs
- Convert videos into a Blu-ray folder and save it to your hard drive to be burned or viewed later
- Load external subtitles onto a Blu-ray to enjoy subtitled movies and videos
- Outperforms many other Blu-ray disc burners by focusing system resources towards burning and conversion, and by utilizing Intel Quick Sync technology
You May Also Read:
4. Blue-Cloner 2023
Blue-Cloner is a full-featured Blu-ray copy/backup/burn/decryption software that can copy Blu-ray movies to blank Blu-ray/DVD/AVCHD discs or to the hard disk as Blu-ray folders and Blu-ray ISO image files. The program offers both Express and Expert burning modules.
Express mode is the easiest way to burn an identical or compressed copy of a Blu-ray movie. Once a disc (or disc image) is loaded into the interface, you start the burning process with just a few clicks. Expert mode is where you'll find the program's customization and compression tools. The compression options allow you to shrink a large Blu-ray movie to fit onto a smaller blank Blu-ray or DVD.
- Strips off all types of Blu-ray copy protections including AACS, BD+, region code, UOPs, etc
- Gets rid of Cinavia watermarks planted in audio tracks of a Blu-ray movie
- Supports burning videos to BD-R/RE (DL) discs
- Burns ISO files to Blu-ray discs
- Selects desired audio tracks and subtitles to keep
- Supports acceleration technologies like NVIDIA CUDA, Intel Quick Sync, etc
5. Leawo Blu-ray Creator
Window 11/10/8.1/8/7, macOS 10.13 and above
1-Year License: $39.95
Lifetime License: $59.95
Leawo Blu-ray Creator allows you to create your own Blu-ray movie discs. Supporting the BDMV and AVCHD formats, anyone can be a Blu-ray movie creator with their computers. All popular video formats can be used to create your Blu-ray and DVD discs, including AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, WMV, and FLV formats.
However, it's reported by some users that the menu tends to be unavailable for no reason after burning movies to a Blu-ray disc.
- Supports to burn 3D Blu-ray/DVD movie
- Has more than 40 preset free disc menu template
- DIY disc menu and template with the internal menu and template designer
- Lets users create slideshows and photo albums on disc
You May Also Read:
6. Wondershare DVD Creator
1-Year Subscription: $49.95
Perpetual License: $59.95
Multi-User License: $132.95
Though its name is a DVD Creator, the Windows version of the program can help you burn videos to Blu-ray discs. It supports Blu-ray discs such as BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25, and BD-50. Along with various DVD and Blu-ray burning features, the software also offers a variety of editing tools like rotating, cropping, trimming files, adjusting brightness, adding transition effects, and adding background music. The pity is that it can only burn Blu-ray discs on a Windows PC rather than Mac.
- Writes videos, music, pictures, files, and ISO to a blank disc
- Supports a range of video formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, MOV, 3GP, WMV, etc
- Supports BD 25/50/100(BD-R, BR+R, BD-RW, BD+RW, BD+R DL, BD-R DL
- Burns local data to a disc or saves it as ISO files/DVD folders
- Offers more than 100 free static and dynamic menu templates
- Splits videos into chapters for easy navigation
You May Also Read: Wondershare DVD Creator Review (2023 Ultimate)
7. Aiseesoft Blu-ray Creator
1 Month License: $19.96
Lifetime License: $39.96
Business License: $69.96
Aiseesoft Blu-ray Creator has the ability to create Blu-ray discs (BD-25 and BD-50), Blu-ray folders, and ISO files from M2TS, TS, TRP, TP, MGP, MPEG, MPA, VOB, DAT, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MKV, AVI, 3GP, MPV, MOD, TOD, QT, MOV, DV, DIF, MJPG, MJPEG video formats.
What's more, it also provides many editing functions to you such as cropping, watermarking, setting video effects, etc. If you're a Mac user, you may get disappointed because there is no Mac version available yet.
- Edits audio tracks and subtitles while creating a Blu-ray disc
- Offers preset menus of different themes and allows customization
- Enables batch burning for several videos to Blu-ray simultaneously
- Previews the tweaks of both the original Blu-ray video and the edited video
8. Xilisoft Blu-ray Creator
Xilisoft Blu-ray creator is a great helper to burn local videos to Blu-ray video discs and AVCHD DVDs. Supported video formats include AVI, MP4, MKV, DV, MPEG, MOV, QT, RM, RMVB, WMV, DivX, etc. Moreover, it can burn videos on AVCHD camcorders or DVs, including Panasonic, Sony, Hitachi, Canon, and JVC.
Nevertheless, Xilisoft only supports high-definition videos of 720p and 1080p. If you have videos of higher resolutions, you may opt for other choices. On the other side, it doesn't support macOS currently.
- Supports Blu-ray disc types like BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25, BD-50
- Creates BDMV ISO and AVCHD ISO from digital videos
- Enables snapshots in JPG, PNG, and BMP
- Trims or clips the videos or adds effects with real-time preview
- Authors Blu-ray videos with a custom menu
- Supports NVIDIA CUDA accelerating technology for fast burning
9. Sothink Blu-ray Creator
Sothink Blu-ray Creator is an intuitive program that works exclusively to create Blu-ray discs or Blu-ray folders out of a wide range of video files with one click. It supports videos from all sources like downloads from the internet, shots by camcorders/SLDRs, and videos from smartphones/tablets.
By the way, it's a newly released program that is far from fledged. The less satisfying point is that it lacks editing and menu creation features.
- Supports Blu-ray discs including BD-R, BD-RE, BD-50, BD-25, and BD-9 to BD-5
- Burns video formats including MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI, FLV, M2TS, VOB, TS, etc
- Enables multi-task to process multiple videos at the same time
- Employs acceleration high-techs like Intel Quick Sync and CUDA
10. 4media Blu-ray Creator
4media Blu-ray Creator is a powerful Blu-ray authoring software for Windows only. It comes with an in-built editor that allows clipping and cropping for Blu-ray videos. Moreover, you can choose from basic menu templates or design the menu on your own with background music and image.
With the help of this software, it's easy to author videos for BD-R, BD-RE, BD-25, and BD-50 discs. Yet, its functions are too simple for advanced editing. What's more, it cannot split the long video into chapters for easy playback.
- Adds/edits subtitles and audio tracks of any language
- Supports common video formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, VOB, 3GP, etc
- Creates ISO files from local videos on the computer
- Previews change to the original video before creating a Blu-ray disc
FAQs About Blu-ray Creator
How to Play Blu-ray Disc on Computer
If you wonder how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 or 11, VideoByte Blu-ray Player is one of the best Blu-ray player software for Windows and Mac. This software is able to play Blu-ray discs, Blu-ray folders (BDMV), and Blu-ray ISO image files on a computer easily.
Aside from the Blu-ray disc created by yourself, it can play the Blu-ray disc you purchased from Amazon, eBay, BestBuy, etc. With this software, you can easily enjoy the latest Blu-ray movie at home.
What File Format Does Blu-ray Use?
Most Blu-ray videos make use of the M2TS format with subdirectories named BDMV at the root level, and some 3D Blu-ray movies use a Blu-ray 3D format instead. In case you want to burn 3D videos to Blu-ray with 3D effect retained, VideoByte DVD Creator will help you out with ease.
Now that we've done introducing the 11 best Blu-ray creators in the market, which one may capture your heart? Some of them provide a direct burning process without extra features while others come with features like video editing, menu creation, chapter splitting, and fast burning.
Among them, VideoByte DVD Creator is definitely the most fully-fledged blu ray maker with the best value that enables you to make a masterpiece of Blu-ray discs effortlessly. It's never too late to give it a shot.